Benefit the Industry by interaction with national authorities by:
- Being a focal point for exchange of ideas between the Industry & the Authorities,
- Providing on request of National Authorities, competent marine advisors to support, assist and enhance UAE representation at various International Marine Forums
- Assisting the Authorities in promoting regulations for the benefit of all Members and the industry
- Promoting the UAE flag internationally by proposing suitable amendments to the Authorities in the process of streamlining the procedures and associated legislation for the registration of ships under the UAE flag.
- Assisting the Authorities in promoting regulations for the benefit of the Members & the Industry
Assist and promote Marine Knowledge by:
- Providing its professional opinion to the Industry on Industry related issues.
- Organizing or endorsing appropriate conferences, lectures, workshops etc.
- Carrying out relevant and meaningful research
- Establishing a “Code of conduct and ethical practices” to raise the professional standards within the Industry, foster cooperation amongst the members and also coordinate a common approach to the Industry concerns.
- Creating source of reference for all matters connected with the Industry & offering guidance to all on compliance with International, UAE & Maritime laws